|Z Zegna knit jacket - $695|
|Cardigan - BP studio - was $625, now $189|
|Relwen double-face hoody...was $185, now $79|
- The yarns that go into a Cividini cashmere sweater are always spun from the longest, softest cashmere fiber, so there is dramatically less pilling than lower quality sweaters - the fiber never leaves the yarn.
- Cividini specializes in unusual fabrics, producing innovative cloths from unusual fibers, including jute, metal, plastic, and more.
- The brand has an artisanal approach to color and pattern, often applying dye directly to the garment by hand, like an artist with his canvas.
- Because the garments are designed by two architects, they often have unusual structural features like rightside-up/upside-down wearability
Come check out the beautiful new pieces we've received for the pre-fall 2012 season, and stay tuned for more fabulous new arrivals!
|Bracelet by By Malene Birger - was $195 now $69|
|Wool saxony unconstructed blazer - WAS $1575 NOW $499|
|Overcoat by Martin Margiela - $2195|
|Left: (detail of neckline)|
Right: Blumarine jersey print dress - was $1545, now $449
|Gravati - Both styles were $595, now $359|
The Fashion magazines agree - a pair of nubuck shoes in a light color are GREAT for spring. Trouble is, the white or chalk color favored by the jet set don't really work great in Seattle's rainy weather. Why not try a light honey or tan colored waterproof suede, that has a spring feel without being too tricky to keep clean? At 40% off, the price is right to try something new, too.
We're receiving new items daily from Giorgio Armani's signature collection - the Black label. This season's fabrics combine Armani's signature sense of luxury and love of texture with new technology in textiles, and feature innovative wrinkle-free finishes and four way stretch for ultimate mobility. Check out some of our favorites from the Milanese master - in store now!
It's that part of the sale - half-off markdowns! Take 50-60% off on selected merchandise from our best designers, including Giorgio Armani, Blumarine, Luciano Barbera, Moschino, Maison Martin Margiela, and more during our Spring/Summer savings event. Fire the starting gun - these deals are going FAST!
Posted by Butch Blum at 3:14 PM
|Gimo's - $1595|
- Treat your leather and suede with all-weather spray, readily available from shoe repair shops. Don't soak the piece in it, but use enough to evenly cover the entire garment. Let dry, then repeat. (For suede, a quick brushing with a stiff plastic or wire brush in-between sprays will keep the nap from falling flat). This should be done at most once or twice every 6 months, depending on how much the garment gets wet.
- Don't store leather in a plastic garment bag, as the leather will not be able to breathe and will be more susceptible to changes in temperature. Choose a cloth cover instead - one of our signature Butch Blum garment bags will be an excellent choice.
- If you must iron the item, set the iron on the lowest setting, without steam. Place a heavy brown paper grocery bag (or similar) on the outer side of the garment, between the garment and the iron. Iron quickly, without pressing down - leather will burn easily!
- Choose a sturdy hanger - especially one with wide shoulders - so the garment doesn't lose its shape.
- When the garment becomes wet, let it dry naturally but be sure that it does not stay moist too long, as it may mildew. Room temperature (65-70 degrees) should be fine. Do NOT use a machine dryer, as it will shrink the garment and/or damage the piece's natural oils.
- Clean smooth leathers with a damp cloth.
- Regularly brush suede with a stiff wire or plastic brush. Avoid cleaning chemicals.
- Don't spray hairspray or fragrances while wearing your leather items.
- Seek out a professional leather care specialist when the garment becomes badly worn or soiled. Be judicious about cleaning anything- sometimes a leather garment's appeal improves as it absorbs natural dust and oils from your skin, and develops a patina that looks beautiful and feels personal.
With a few easy steps, a beautiful leather or suede garment can be a great investment - one that will serve you well for many years.
|Giorgio Armani Black Label - $4495|
"This amazingly soft leather has a beautiful matte black finish, and the tailored fit will, after a short time, conform to the wearer in a very personal way. It's surprisingly light, for such a warm garment."
Men's luxury buyer
|Slippers by Derek Rose - $195|
|(outer) cocoon - $995...(inner) double-breasted jacket - $995|
|Seersucker madras button-down sport shirt - was $145, now $59|
|Dress by MM6 Martin Margiela - was $545, now $325|
Asst. Women's buyer
Small messenger (also available in white) by Barbara Milano - Was $365, now $139
|Jeweled tee (Black tee only) - was $195, now $79|
|Belts by Giorgio Armani and Remo Tuliani...Normally $125-195, now $49-79|